Sunday, April 22, 2007

Harry Reid’s take on leadership?

I think I have made my feeling on the Iraqi war known. I do support the President and the troops. I have heard many times over the last year from many leading democrats that we need a new plan. But once the surge plan was announced they came out almost unanimously against it, with out actually giving it a shot. This was lead by the Senate Majority leader Harry Reid, who is now supporting a bill to defund the war, claiming he has the say of the people with the democrats win in November, even though they never brought up this strategy in the election. When the Senate had hearing to approve the new commander of the troops in Iraq, General David Petraeus, he stated he would not know until the end of summer to say if the surge strategy is being effective. Well on April 18th, far from the end of summer, Harry Reid proclaimed "I believe ... that this war is lost, and this surge is not accomplishing anything, as is shown by the extreme violence in Iraq this week,". To me this is the cowards way out, Reid is showing no leadership. Since the beginning he has offered nothing but criticism and nothing else constructive. To me Harry Reid should be ashamed of his comments, though I doubt he is. His comments are in no way supportive of the troops. There are many people in congress that I disagree with, but do respect. I hate to say it I have lost any respect in Harry Reid. He is nothing but an opportunist politician who his showing his true colors as a coward. He offers no leadership, no guidance, no spine, and offers nothing in a meaningful debate about the war!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home