Monday, April 02, 2007

Mr. Smith goes to Bridgeport!

Well Trevor Smith has decided to take his puck and leave the Wildcats. Smith signed on with the NY Islanders, and assigned to Bridgeport of the AHL. First of all want to wish Trevor the best of luck in the future and hope he makes NHL dream come true. Have to say I was a little surprised when I heard the new this morning. I though Trevor would come back for his junior year, well I thought he should of. I feel he would be in a much better position with a strong junior year. I am sure he would have gotten more offers after next year then this year. Smith did have a strong first half of the year, but then trailed off in the second half when the Cats started to play tougher competition. I think Smith would have had a great junior year, another year with Fornataro and Pollastrone. They would have been the #1 line next year, which would have made them the #1 power play unit. Smith would have had the chance to show that he can lead a team. I am sure the money was very tempting for Smith, and really can’t blame him. But I think he would have been better served playing another year. Plus he would have added depth for the Cats. With him, Radja and JVR next year they would have had 3 scores. Well here is hoping Radja and Regan stay for another year. Do have to say I find it out that Garth Snow was the one to sign Smith, the former Umaine goalie still sticking to the Cats!
DAM YOU GARTH SNOW!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home