Saturday, March 24, 2007

UNH-Miami- Ohio. Playoff game #5, that’s all folks!!

Well the Cats lost 2-1 in the first round of the NCAA tourney today. They fought to the very last whistle. This was a hard fought game were the team that had the more physical style won out in the end. The Cats did play a good game I though. Miami controlled the first 10 minutes and got an early goal, that I am sure Mr. Regan would like back. That came on the Redhawks very first shot of the game. After about the 10 minute mark the Cats started to control the play and had some golden chances but Miami stoned them. Have to give Miami all sorts of credit. They did not let the Cats set up anything down low and cut those passing lanes. The forced the Cats to take shots from outside and let up very few rebounds. Miami would get a 2-0 lead early in third on a power play on a goal that was thrown to the front of the net and looks like it went off someone’s skate. That is why it is never bad to throw the puck on net kids. The Cats did not quit though, they continued to play hard and keep the pressure on. They finally broke through late in the third on a beautiful short handed goal by Radja. That seemed to give the Cats even more life as the continued to keep on some good pressure, but in the end just couldn’t get another pass Zatkoff in net for Miami. The Cats have nothing to ashamed of today. They left everything on the ice today. I am not at all disappointed in the way they played today, just wanted them to play hard, and see what happens. Have to give Miami all sorts of credit, they made the plays when they had to. I wish them luck against BC Sunday. For life I cant root for BC, seems like I keep finding all the pain in the butt BC fans, had more BC kids sitting behind me today, and once again if I had talked liked that when I was their age, I would have got back handed by my father, the father with them was encouraging them. I did find it appropriate that McFlicker was the last guy off the ice today, he always left on the ice all four years. I will have a review of the season later on, and a look forward to 08.Thanks for a great year Cats!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger One More Dying Quail said...

Rooting for the UNH hockey team is beginning to feel like rooting for the pre-2004 Red Sox.

Maybe I should've picked a different school.

3:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home