Sunday, March 18, 2007

Northeast Regional- Can the Cats scratch their way through?

Well the NCAA tourney has been announced. The regional in Manchester work out this way. UNH does end up with the #1 seed, BC# gets #2, St. Lawrence gets #3, and Miami- Ohio gets the #4. So we have on Saturday UNH-Miami at 1, and BC-St. Lawrence at 4:30. Will be honest knowing nothing about Miami does scare me. I have seen all the other team in the region play this year. I am sure coach Umile has a good sense on what it will take to beat them. My first concern is to make sure everyone is healthy and focused. I am sure they will not be looking past Miami. I know Miami has lost a couple games in a row going into the tourney, but that might be a motivation for them. I will say UNH should be the favorite to move on. I think BC should beat St. Lawernece, I did see St. Lawrence back in Dec and didn’t come out of that game thinking they were that great. But that was a few months ago, and never know BC might be looking past them. But I see a UNH-BC final in the region. Lets hope the outcome is better then it was in Boston.

Some other thoughts on the NCAA brackets. Love to see that Denver bracket with Minnesota, Michigan and North Dakota. That will be one hell of a battle in the Rockies. Maine got very lucky with their draw, first of all not sure how they got the #3 seed in Rochester. Overall a good tourney with a lot of teams with the capability of winning the whole thing. My early feeling is that North Dakota will take it. Their heartbreaking lost in the WCHA finals last night, on a kind of fluky goal by Blake Wheeler might be the motivation they need. But my heart will be pulling for the cats!!
GO CATS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home