Thursday, March 15, 2007

RIP Brad Delp

The world lost one of the great rock voices this week. Brad Delp the lead singer of Boston was found dead in his NH home. He died due to a suicide, as he said he was a “ lonely soul” It got me to thinking a little on little we really know the people we think we know. I have heard Delp on the morning radio show I listen to everyday. He is in studio every year to promote his other band Beatle Juice, a Beatles cover band. They do a show every year in Portsmouth to benefit a women shelter. He has always impressed me when he was on, he seems like a genuine nice guy. Everything I have heard about him back that up. So why would someone who is a genuine good guy take his own life? I guess that is something we will ever really have an answer for. To me it is a very tragic and sad thing. Many people will criticize Delp for the suicide, but who are we to judge when we do not know the full details. Sometimes people seem happy and carefree on the outside and aren’t always on the inside. I do wish the best for his family and fiancé.
So what did the world lose? To me a try vocalist. Listening to the all the Boston songs on the radio since last Friday it is not hard to appreciate the range and vocal talent he had. I have always appreciated Boston growing up, my brother use to listen to them guess that rubbed off on me. Even after almost 30 years those Boston songs do hold up. Someday they will be appreciated for what they were and get into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Rest in Peace Brad. It is true only the good doe young!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home