Monday, September 03, 2007

Q, Bill and Hillary

Ok the title sounds like a bad adult movie. But its not. On Sunday night I went downtown Portsmouth to see Bill and Hillary Clinton speak. As many of you probably can figure out I am probably not going to vote for Hillary. But I thought it would be interesting to check out, plus I am a big fan of seeing the process in action. First to the stage was President Clinton, I am not his biggest fan but will admit I am not totally against him I did vote for him in 92 and will say he is a masterful politician. Will say he is a great speaker, I didn’t agree with a lot of what he said but was highly impressed with the way he said it. Though from listening to his speech you would think we are in a great depression, also that he had nothing to do with the statues of the military, he never mentioned his cuts in military spending and kept saying how we need to revamp the military. That was my pet peeve with speech. Next up was Sen. Clinton, I do have to say I was not impressed with her speech, well besides that I disagreed with most of it, but it seems like when she talks it is forced, were when Bill talks he does come across as genuine. She comes across as having a higher then though attitude. Now I am sure anyone who is reading this is probably thinking that I am a staunch Republican and would not go into the night with an open mind. I have to say I did not, well know I was not voting for Hillary but was interested in hearing her speak. Plus I will say I have voted Democrat before, I am not one of those who will only vote for one party, I have an open mind. As I said before I vote for Clinton in 92, voted in the Democratic primary in 00 and 06, voted for Joe Lieberman both times, who I think got screwed over by the democrats, and have voted twice for Democrat Governor John Lynch, and will probably again. So those are my credentials as a voter. Plus I have a great interest in Bill Richardson in the Democratic primary, no I don’t agree with him over Iraq but the man has dam impressive credentials. Just wanted to put that out for anyone who thinks I am here just to bash Hillary, just calling it like I saw it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home