Sunday, May 13, 2007

Blue Jays Update, why, why, why???

Well I posted before the season started I am a Blue Jays fan. I had high hopes going into this season, the line up should have been solid with a good chance of a solid pitching staff. Well those hope went down the have been dashed very quickly. After 37 games the Jays are a miserable 15-22 and 10.5 games out of first, with no hope of recovering. They are 2-8 in the last games, and this week lost one of the best pitcher in the majors, Roy Halliday, for 6-8 weeks due to an appendectomy. So far this season the injury bug has really hit the Jays hard. The pitching staff has not only lost Halliday, also Chacin is out of the rotation for awhile, and BJ Ryan is gone for the year with Tommy John surgery. There is some mystery on that whole situation. The reporting of it was wrong to begin with, as reports had it as a back problem. Also injured are Reed Johnson and Greg Zaun are on the DL right now, and Troy Glaus is hurt with a hamstring, his second injury of the season so far. The bullpen has not picked up the slack with Ryan out. Even with these injuries the Jays should still be better then they are. I don’t think I have ever called for a managers or coached job, but I do think it is time for a change in the dugout for the Jays. I think John Gibbons has worn out his welcome and should be replaced with bench coach Ernie Whitt. Gibbons has not handled the pitching staff that well. In a couple of games he pulled Halliday from the game to early, had mismanaged the bullpen. He has had two run in with players in the past couple of years, Shea Hillanbrand and Ted Lilly. I appreciate the job he has done to get the Jays to what they were last year, but to get to the next level I think the Jays need more then just player, but need a man in charge that can lead the team to success. Ernie Whitt I believe can do that. He coached Team Canada in the World Cup of Baseball last year, he was successful with them. I think it is time he giving a chance to lead his former team back to the top were they once were.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home