Saturday, March 03, 2007

UNH-BC round 2- and there ends the Regular Season

Well a hard fought 4-2 loss tonight. They did play well over all. Just not getting any puck luck. Ciocoo was out tonight and Regan was also given the night off, so didn’t play with a full team all weekend, not an excuse just reality. I am not going to dwell on the last week, not the best timing for a let down, but they do happen. Overall played all right this weekend, can play better though. I said on USCHO nothing is won or lost this weekend for the Cats. The real season begins at practice on Monday. There are things they need to focus on, things they were doing earlier in the year. Need to work on getting the lose pucks in front of the net and getting rebounds in. Sometimes they try to get to fancy and make the extra pass. Also need to get back to the physicality they had earlier in the year. They are trying to steal the puck from people, just need to hit them and out work them along the boards.
I would be lying if I said I am not a little concerned. But I know this team is very capable of getting hot and going on a run. I haven’t been able to say that the last couple of year. At this point can lose a game to anyone, or can go out and win 8 in a row. I would rather have that then last year when I think everyone knew they weren’t going to win anything. This 3 game losing streak take the target off them to, which might not be a bad thing. Here is to hoping the team works hard this week and comes out balls to the wall Thursday night.Keep the faith Cat fans!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home