Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Its Playoff time!! GO CATS!!!!

Well we have reached the most wonderful time of the year, the college hockey playoffs. What has happened since October has no real effect on what is going to happen. Now is the time when we see what a team is made of. So what can we expect from UNH? Well I know there are many people who are down on them right after losing 3 games in a row going into the playoffs, of course that 7-1 debacle in Providence jumps out at everyone. This last weekend they dropped 2 to BC, who is very hot right now. I was not upset with the way they played Friday night, didn’t see the game Saturday night. I am not going to be one of the many people I have seen who are ready to jump of the bandwagon. I still believe this team has the talent and heart to win. I think there was a natural little let down after clinching the regular season title. I look at the way the St. Louis Cardinals ended the baseball season, they played awful at the end of the season and barely made the playoffs, and went on to win the World Series. Every one was saying how bad the Colts played at the end of the NFL season, and ended up winning the Super Bowl. Also Denver faltered down the stretch a couple of season ago, and even losing in the first round of the WCHA playoffs, and went on to win the National Championship. So now is the time to put the hic-cup at the end of the regular season and move on to the real season. So how do I see the series against Providence going? I do believe it will be hard fought series, but in the end I see UNH coming out on top. I believe the 7-1 butt kicking they received at the hands of the Friars will serve as extra motivations for the Cats. I see the D tightening up more then they have been. Here’s hoping Murray and Flashains start to get back to the way they were playing a month ago. I see the Cats coming out firing Thursday night. I see the offense opening more then it has been the last couple of games. Have this feeling the second line will finally start to put the puck in the net again. I see the senior leadership stepping it up this week in practice and leading the team to the Fleet Center next weekend. I am sure the boys are more focused then they have been the last couple of weeks. So here is the Cats taking the 2 games they need this weekend to move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home