Saturday, March 03, 2007

UNH-BC round 1- Thank you Seniors!!

Well it was Senior night at the Whitt. Was a little downer not to see McFlicker out there for Senior night, at least will get his shot for his last home games next weekend in the playoffs. I am sure this is now how the Seniors wanted to have the night go, a 4-1 loss, 2 of the goals were empty netters in the last minute. So was 2-1 game to until the last minute. So was a close game. UNH did play better then they did last weekend. But seemed to be a step slow tonight, and were off on their passes by an inch all night. This game reminded me a lot of the Maine game in Manchester. I will give BC a lot of credit as they played a really good defensive game. I still think UNH can play a lot better. Schneider did leave a lot of rebounds that UNH could not capitalize on, did not have the winger cutting in towards the net. It also seemed liked any time UNH had a rush in it was at the end of shift when the guys were tired. BC did play a more physical game then the Cats all night, many time the Eagles beat the Cats off the boards for the puck. Also a couple of time UNH were standing still and got hit, if they were actually moving they could have avoided them and kept control of the puck. Overall I would call it a B- game for UNH, still need to find that A game. BC did clinch the #2 seed last night, so they will not have as much to play for tonight. I do think clinching the regular season title has relaxed the Cats some and might have brought their effort down a little. It is a long season and to play up to the pace they did is almost impossible. Tonight is a great time to get that effort back, and I think having McFlicker back will help, he will come out with a purpose tonight. I suppose I do have to say something about the referring last night, I saved it for last in the post because I didn’t want to make I was whining about the ref. But have to say the hooking call on Collins was marginal at best, and not to call the trip on Cicco at the other end during the kill was BS. If you are going to call that ticy-tac stuff early you need to call it all game, just want consistency. Plus got BC do a little more diving? Breath on them heavy and they fall. Also have to say Brian Boyle has to be the most overrated player I have seen. If he was not 6’ 7” he would not have as many points as he does. He has never really impressed me with his hockey talent. Also one little note on Jerry York, I really think he is a classy man who makes it hard to root against him. I looked over during the Senior ceremony and some him paying attention and clapping, thought that was classy of him. The BC fans drive me nuts, but have all the respect in the world for York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home