Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Super Bowl Thoughts
Just a few thoughts about the Super Bowl. I really wasn't sure who I wanted to win going into the game. Do have 2 friends who are big Bear's fan, so would have liked to see them win for them. But find it hard to root against the Colts. I know being from New England I am suppose to hate the Colt's for some odd reason. But then again I am not a Pat's fan. I do love to watch Manning play QB. To watch him call plays at the line I think is a thing of beauty. Plus how can you root against Tony Dungy? He seems like such a class act to me, and everything he went through with his son he really has earned to be called a Champion. So one hand I was happy for Manning and Dungy, and Marvin Harrison, the most underrated man in the NFL. But then again a little sad for my friends. At least it wasn’t the Patriots!!
Ok its not that I hate the Patriots. Have a great respect for their team. I think Tom Brady is a great QB and Bill Bellickeck is a great coach. But living in New England you would think that there are no other teams in the NFL. Heaven forbid you say something about another team, if you do you are disrespecting the Pat's. If I hear that they are being disrespected again will have to slap someone. They are a great team and people recognize that, get over it!! Plus what is with the hatred towards Manning? So he does some commercials? Hey I saw Tony Brady doing the American Express ones all last year and he hosted Saturday Night Live, were was the uproar then by all the Pat's fans? Plus Bill Bellicheck is not a great guy, he is a great coach but not a great guy. There is nothing wrong with that at all, he is great at what he does. But don't give me this he is a great guy. Ok he actually might be but he does not come off that way. He comes off as a jerk sometimes. He is a sore loser. This is the way he comes off. Of course will have people take all this the wrong way, and to them I don't care how you take it. Just need to get over it that the Pat's did not invent the word "team" and there are ego's on the team. You have to have an ego to make it that far, and yes some of them are jerks. There are jerks on every team. The Patriots are no different.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home