Monday, May 26, 2008

When 2.5 Million equal 0

Well it's been awhile since I wrote anything, so figured I would share some of my thoughts about the on going election, because I know everyone has been waiting to hear what I think, so you can get a good laugh. Of course will be honest and let everyone know that I am supporting John McCain, so my views might be a little skewed.
I do believe Sen. McCain is the best option, and not the scary person that MSNBC and others try to make him out to be. Of course these are the same people who will always say negative things about any Republican and have nothing but kiss Obama's ass for the last 6 months. They have treated him like he walks on water. I will agree that Obama is a great speaker and can motivate people. But when you break it down, what is he saying? What is he standing for? You can only say Change so many times before you have to back it up. What change have you brought? Who will you get these changes you want done? What bi-partisan think can you point to in your past and say I have worked with the other side and made a real change? Of course everyone is so mesmerized by his speaking skills that they really don't care about any of that. There are plenty of very smart people who are falling for this to. I know people will point out McCain's fault to, and I recognize them. I do not think he is perfect and disagree with him on many issues. But I think he has shown he can work to get things done, has Obama? I have tried to figure the great love affair by MSNBC and other with Obama. I know there are so many people who feel disillusioned by President Bush, and Congress. But Obama is not running against President Bush. Though listening to Obama and Sen. Clinton talk you would never know that. Sen. McCain is not Pres. Bush. McCain disagree with the President on many issues, and would be a different President, no matter what The Democrats and the yahoos on MSNBS and other blogs think.
Then there is the taboo issue of race. I know you are not supposed to bring race or even gender in to the conversation. Of course that won't stop me. Are their people who won't vote for Sen. Obama because he is black? Of course there are ignorant people who will, and the same can be said for Sen. Clinton because she is a woman. But I think that number is getting smaller every day. I think to use that issue for either one, or anyone else is wrong. It is implied by many that if you disagree with either it is because you are racist or sexist, then they are the same people who will trash Condoleezza Rice, so are they sexist and racist? I know many like to pigeon hole black and women and believe that if they are not a Democrat then they are "sell outs". Which is this person showing their true ignorance. Of course there are people who will vote for either because they are black or a woman. To me this is just as wrong as voting for someone because of there color or sex. This is ignorance, you are not voting for who the are, you are voting for what they are. Then there are the people who feel so guilty if they vote against a minority that they have to vote for them because of this. Then again I am sure these people would find a reason to vote against Sec. Rice, because they truly believe she is not a "true black". Now wouldn't that be these people showing their stereo type feelings? If you believe a black person has to be a democrat then you have a stereo typical feeling to all blacks. Of course some people will read my thoughts and think I am a racist or sexist. I don't care what a person is, I care who they are. Is the person I am supporting a white guy? Yes. Is that why I am voting for him? Hell no, go back to some of my old blogs to read my reasons why.
Now we have this lovely issue of 2.5 millions voters being disenfranchised. The word made some famous by Democrats in 2000. The big uproar in 2000 was that the person with the most popular votes did not win. But they seem to be very quiet when their own party is not counting the 2.5 million people who voted in Florida and Michigan. If you count those votes it makes it a much closer race. So there is a possibility that the person with the most votes in the Democrat party might not get the nomination. But according to their rules this is ok. But in 2000, when both parties played by the same rules, this was not ok. Does the word hypocrite mean anything here?
If you made it this far into my ramblings, I say I am sorry. Just something's I wanted to get off my chest as we head into the general election. I am sure, ok I know, I will have plenty more to say as we get closer to November. I know who I will be voting for. I encourage everyone to look at all options and vote for the person they feel will be our best leader for the next 4 year, weather you agree with my choice or not. I just beg everyone to vote in Nov and let your voice be heard. No matter what anyone says your vote does count. The best thing about this country is that every change of power we have had has been a peaceful one. That is something to be proud of, and no matter what anyone might think this is a great country and together we can make it even a greater country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home